The owners of this Mid-Century Modern home contacted Renowned Renovation for a complimentary design consultation. They told us they wanted new flooring and advice on refreshing their living room so that it was warm, with a simplistic design. The home sits next to a wooded lot, the living room was very open with an abundance of natural lighting. We recommended that they replace the white Berber carpet with an Anderson-Tuftex Colonial Manor Smokehouse Hickory Hand Scraped Hardwood floor and change the wall color from Anjou Pear to Sherman Williams' Urban Putty.
COLONIAL MANOR MIXED WIDTH
ANDERSON TUFTEX HARDWOOD
COLOR: SMOKEHOUSE - 37372
Anderson Tuftex Reviews
How to Clean Hardwood Floors
Remember, like any floor covering, Anderson Tuftex's hardwood factory finished wood floors will show signs of wear over time, depending on the size and lifestyle of your family. By observing a few precautions and setting up a regular cleaning routine and maintenance program, you can expect years of beauty from your Anderson Tuftex floor. The following are examples of the reasonable and necessary maintenance you are expected to perform. They are not intended to be an exclusive list.
- Sweep or vacuum regularly since built-up grit can damage the surface of the wood. The vacuum head must be a brush or felt type. Be certain the wheels of the vacuum are clean and do not damage the finish. Do not use a vacuum with a beater bar head.
- Remove spills promptly using a soft cloth and cleaning products recommended by Anderson.
- Never wet-mop, damp-mop, or clean your floor with water or other products. This can severely damage the flooring and will void the warranties. Do not use hardwood floor cleaning machines or steam cleaners. See section on Improper Maintenance.
- Use Shaw R2X Hardwood floor cleaner with a terry cloth mop. Always vacuum the floors prior to using cleaner. Do not allow excess cleaner to remain on the floors surface as this may permanently damage the wood fiber.
- Important: Do not use oil soaps, liquid or paste wax products or other household cleaners that contain citrus oils, lemon oil, tung oil, silicon, or ammonia since these warranties do not cover damage caused by non recommended products. Use of these and other such products will harm the long-term performance of your floor and may also affect its recoat ability.
- Do not use 2 in 1 cleaners with polish that may contain acrylics or urethane polish to restore gloss – the use of these products will void the finish warranty and may produce unsatisfactory results when not applied properly.
- Keep pets’ nails trimmed, and paws clean and free of dirt, gravel, grease, oil, and stains.
- Place protective felt pads beneath furniture legs and feet to reduce scratches and dents. Replace pads as needed.
- Use a dolly and protective sheets of plywood when moving heavy objects, furniture, or appliances.
- Make certain furniture casters are clean and operate properly (a minimum 1” wide vinyl surface where it comes in contact with wood is recommended). Clean wheels periodically to remove dirt and debris.
- Remove shoes with spiked or damaged heels before walking on floor.
- Exposure to the sun and its UV rays accelerates the oxidation and aging of wood. This can cause the stain and/or wood to fade and/or to change color. We recommend that you rearrange rugs and furniture periodically so the floor ages evenly. Exotic species such as Brazilian Cherry are more susceptible to color change during the aging process. These warranties do not cover damage from the sun and its UV rays.
- Use area rugs in high traffic areas and pivot points (e.g., stair landings, room entries, etc.), especially if you have a large family or indoor pets.
- Maintain the proper Relative Humidity in your home between 35% - 55%.