Complete Hire-Rise 2-Story Penthouse Condominium Design and Remodel by Renowned Renovation in the Travis at Katy Trail.
This Dallas High-Rise condominium remodeling project is located in The Travis on Katy Trail in Dallas, TX, and had a remodeling budget over $500,000. The owners wanted a complete remodel of their fourteenth-floor, 2-story condo. Their goal was an entertainer’s dream home with a gourmet kitchen and powder room. The lower-level bedroom was replaced with a premium wine cellar and wet bar, creating a beautiful space to entertain. Remodeling an area over 200 feet above the ground becomes much more complicated than a typical single-family home remodel. High-Rise condominium remodeling requires meticulous planning, problem-solving, and poses unique challenges.
The Owners' Goals
- Professional Remodeling Experience
- Updated Gourmet Kitchen
- Add a Wine Cellar & Wet Bar
- Add a Power Room
- Updated Lighting: General, Task, and Accent
- Custom Cabinetry, Closets, and Maximize Storage
- Updated Master Bath, Closets,
- Relocate the laundry Room
- Open concept stairs
This high-rise building was converted into condos 18 years ago. The 14th /15th floor split level condo we remodeled had remained mainly unchanged since the original construction in 2002. These HOA remodeling restrictions created additional challenges:
These HOA remodeling restrictions created additional challenges:
• Limited contractor parking on busy side street
• No Staging Area and very limited material delivery space
• Restrictive work times and days.
• Requirement for “service” elevator reservations
• Restrictions on materials, application, and noise